How Does The Lender Decide The Maximum Amount He Can Afford?
In addition to comparing the home to your minimum requirement and wish lists, you may want to consider all of the following:
- Is there enough room for both the present and the future?
- Are there enough bedrooms and bathrooms?
- Is the home structurally sound?
- Do the mechanical systems and appliances work?
- Is the yard big enough?
- Do you like the floor plan?
- Will your furniture fit in the space? Is there enough storage space?
- Imagine the home in good weather and bad – will you be happy with it year round?